Speaking engagements, presentations, training sessions, and workshops
(For companies, schools, agencies, and non-profit organizations: contact Bethany for a quote)
With years of teaching and public speaking experience, I’m ready to present, lead workshops, and host professional development and training sessions on the following topics:
- career development and career management
- soft skills: communication, customer service, critical thinking, writing skills, critical reading skills, conflict management, problem solving, decision making, collaboration and teamwork, responsibility, leadership, followership, listening, work ethic, professionalism, time management
- workplace improvement: communication, teamwork, customer service, conflict management, mentorship, etc.
- resume/cover letter writing
- job search basics and strategies, including job application tips, application tracking systems (ATS), resume and interview strategies, reference checks, etc.
- how to make a major career change/successfully change career fields
- how to successfully seek and land promotions within your organization/company
- choosing a college major/degree plan
- how to gain experience in your chosen career field
- understanding Generation Z and Millennials
- mentorship: why mentoring matters, developing a mentoring program, how to mentor others
- interview preparation: mock interviews, sample interview questions, researching employers, understanding how to prepare and practice for various types of interviews and common interview questions, avoiding major interview blunders, eliminating nervousness during your interview
- oral communication
- public speaking and presentation skills
- non-verbal communication
- customer service
- critical thinking, reading, and writing skills
- conflict management
- collaboration and teamwork
- creating an elevator pitch
- creating a personal branding statement
- social media management (for individuals or corporations/organizations)
- writing in the workplace
- Contact me to schedule your session today.
Don’t see the topic you’re interested in listed here? Contact me to tailor a professional development session or presentation to meet your organization or company’s needs.
Resume and cover letter
(For every candidate/job seeker: $75 per hour)
Ensure that your basic career steps are steady and strong by working with me on your resume and cover letter. A polished, updated resume and cover letter are foundation pieces of your job search. Consider them non-negotiable pieces of your job search.
Whether you have an existing resume or need help creating your resume from scratch, I can help. You’ll also need a strong cover letter which you can tailor each time you apply for open positions; I’m the perfect expert to help you create these sales documents since I’m a professional writer and career coach.
Whether you’ve just graduated from college or have years of professional experience, I can help you transform your existing resume (or create one from scratch) into a winning, door-opening job search tool, showcasing your accomplishments and achievements.
*Learn interview tips and tricks.
*Conduct a mock interview with Career Coach, Bethany Wallace (face-to-face if local or via video session if working remotely; we’ll record the session if working remotely). *Receive detailed feedback on every mock interview question/response.
*Understand how to succeed in various types of interviews (phone interviews, video-based interviews including Skype and recorded interviews, team interviews, and behavior-based interviews).
*Practice non-verbal interview skills and verbal interview skills.
*Discuss interview appearance, how to follow up after interviews, and salary negotiation.
*Gain insight into how to eliminate nerves before and during interviews.
*Hone better interview communication skills, including making a great first impression and connecting with employers/recruiters.
*Be the best version of yourself online and offline. Understand branding basics and how to improve or build your own brand.
*Learn how to promote and brand yourself via social media on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other platforms. Don’t want to create your own profiles (or don’t have time)? I can create your profiles for you and teach you how to use social media if you’re a newbie.
*Need to create or edit your blog or online portfolio? I can direct you in this process.
*I will help you create a strong personal branding statement and elevator pitch, two essential components of a strong brand (and two pieces you’ll use when networking).
*Need a brief bio for your blog, marketing pieces, etc.? I’ll write one for you.
*Strengthen your networking skills.
*Learn how to connect with people online via social media and move relationships offline, building long-term professional relationships.
*You probably already have strong professional relationships. I’ll help you improve your professional networking skills to achieve long-term career success.
*Practice informational interviews and discuss ways to strengthen existing professional relationships while building new connections.
*Discuss how to make the most of professional networking events (discussion tailored to your unique circle of influence and stage of life).
*Create a plan of action for building or deepening your professional network based on your short and long-term career goals.
Communication skills coaching
*Are your communication skills lacking? As a former oral communication college instructor, I’ll help you improve your speaking, listening, and non-verbal communication skills.
*Want to become a better public speaker? We can work specifically to improve your public speaking and presentation skills.
*Understand how to build and maintain better relationships with personal and professional contacts.
*Facing challenges in your current workplace? We can develop your workplace communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and public speaking and presentation skills) and workplace writing skills.
*Improve your customer service and conflict management skills.
Other career coaching services
*Aren’t sure which career path is right for you? Let’s discuss your career past, present, and future and assess your career goals and options.
*Assess your soft skills and identify potential room for growth. We can develop a plan of action to strengthen your areas of weakness. Work to strengthen and improve yourself now, and your future employers will thank you later.
* Learn job search strategies to help you land your dream job more easily and quickly.
Want to purchase a custom gift certificate for career coaching for your loved one? Contact Bethany to create your gift certificate today.
Ready to get to work?
Contact Bethany to set up a free one-on-one 10-minute call about which career coaching package or service best meets your needs or to design a tailored coaching package just right for you.